2 January 2017

Happy New Year! | Goals


Hey everyone!

First of all, Happy New Year! Hope we all aim to make it even better than the last year.

I guess it wouldn't feel right to start off my blogging this year without posting a little introduction to this coming year and share some goals that I would like to attempt to achieve.

Now, I'm not calling this my New Years Resolutions, I'm just simply setting some goals for myself that I want to achieve. I'm not setting a time limit of one year to do these goals. I just want to get a little more organised and actually sit down and write down things that I want to achieve for myself whether it be little or small. I don't believe that we all should wait for the 1st of January to set resolutions for the year. Just manage your goals and priorities and no matter how long it takes to achieve them, you will, and you will feel great that you actually set your mind to something and you did it!

This may sound silly because here I am in the beginning of January setting goals for myself which is similarly like doing New Years resolutions but I'm not. I just thought to myself that I have always thought about doing things and never actually getting round to doing them. I guess I just thought it's about time to do something and follow through with it!

Below are some goals that I have set for myself and hoping to follow through with them.
I'm also hoping that by writing them down, on paper and here on my blog, it will help me achieve them.

Lets start with some blogging goals:

  • I would like to blog more and keep it regular. Atleast 1 or 2 posts a week. If I feel like there is a busy week ahead, I should try and write a post in advance so that I can stay regular.
  • Improve on my blog photography.
  • Try to film and edit makeup videos. Maybe start off by doing short ones for my
  • Instagram then move on to Youtube.
  • Read more blogs.
  • Always promote my blog where I can.

Now to other goals that are not blogging related:
  • Take up Portuguese and Spanish lessons. For those who don't know, I am Portuguese and can understand the Portuguese language but always get too shy to speak it so I want to get more confident in speaking it out loud. As for Spanish, I just really like the language and listen to a lot of Spanish songs and I find that Portuguese and Spanish are kind of similar so I'm hoping to pick it up quickly.
  • I want to go to the gym at least 4 times a week. Preferably Monday-Thursday. If I miss a day, find another day in the week to make up for it.
  • Set aside some time for jewelry making. This is a hobby that I kind of started and became really interested in and suddenly stopped practicing and making time to practice. I have loads of supplies, I just need to practice more and maybe one day start selling my hand made pieces. Also, take on some day courses for jewelry making and learn some new things.
  • Write snail mail/pen pal letters. I have recently joined a pen pal community and will write 2 letters soon to 2 people. I just miss writing and thought it would be something fun and it's always nice to get to know someone new and possibly make new friends.
  • Visit new places! I have been living in England for over 10 years and
  • I feel like there are so many places that I have not visited.
  • Learn to drive!
  • Watch more episodes of series that are on my "To Watch" list.
  • Spend more money on clothes and useful things rather than spending too much on make up (let's see how this one goes...)
  • Get more into my skin care.
  • Read more books.
Okay so these are just some of the goals that I have. It may seem like a lot, but there is no time limit, no deadlines. It's just in my list and in my mind to do and go through with it.

I will look back on this blog post on New Years Eve of this year and see if there is anything I can check off.

Hope you all have an awesome year and also achieve your goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS